WHAT TO LOOK FOR IN A GOOD EMAIL SERVICE PROVIDER?
Posted on: 21-09-2015
So maybe you’ve finally decided to ditch your old-school system and finally experience efficient communication with a powerful email service provider. If you have, good on you! It’s time to upgrade your business to a new field where managing internal and external communications is a lot less of a hassle.
Still, like any new platform you’re planning on introducing to your company, it’s important that you do some research to find out if the email service provider you’re thinking of going with is the right one for you. No matter the ESP, each have their own wealth of expertise, unique messaging capabilities and objectives. Ensure they meet your requirements by considering these handy dot points:
Know how you plan on sending and scheduling emails
- What do you expect your email volume to be each month?
- What kinds of emails are you planning on sending (promotional vs. surveys, etc.)
- Are you expecting to have to send “triggered” emails depending on various activities?
- Do you need A/B split testing capabilities?
- Do you need email scheduling features?
- Are you wanting to send test emails to groups before they go live for distribution?
- Do you need the option to view how an email looks in various browsers or clients?
- Do you require features that let you edit how an email looks directly through an interface?
- Do you use customisable templates frequently?
- Do you need features that let you manage your subscribers and segment them thorugh lists?
- Are you in need of functions that let you create and manage a page that gives users an “opt in” option?
- Do you care how the “opt out” feature looks and works?
- Do you need a profile page for users so they can keep their preferences up-to-date?
- Do you require analytics?
- Do you need real-time reporting?
- Do you need to be able to track conversions?
- Do you want to be able to see how many emails were delivered/not delivered?
- Do you need the email client to be integrated with your CRM?
- How much are you able/willing to pay for a good email service provider?
- Are you okay with paying a subscription fee or would you rather an upfront fee.
- Are you okay with lock-in contracts?
By taking all of these points into consideration, you’ll find you are more likely to discover an email service provider that is able to cater to your needs. If you’d like to find out more information about this service, the team at Typent are more than happy to speak to you about the our products in this field.